Here are 6 things it's just too damn hot to do in Statesboro in the summer:
1. Cook any slow-simmering stews or hour-in-the-oven cakes. Pot roast? No thanks. I'll just have a sandwich.
2. Have leather or vinyl seats in your car. If you have them, a well placed towel will be your best friend.
3. Blow-dry your hair. Adding even MORE hot air is just asking for a heat stroke.
4. Wear socks. Flip flops, sandals, and slide-on shoes only, please! My feet need to breathe!
5. Crochet. I try and try every summer to get ahead on crocheting for the fall, but it's just too hot. It's like wearing a sweater on your fingers. And yarn doesn't react too well to sweat. Eww.
6. Be outside for more than 5 minutes at a time. Seriously, it's soooooo hot here. And it'll only get worse until August.
And one thing it is NOT too hot for, This song...