Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Love Affair With Nail Polish

I have terrible nails, I always have. They're thin and brittle. They chip. They won't grow long. I tend to bite them- which of course doesn't help. And even when I can suppress my nail biting, I bite and pick at my cuticles- so bad that they often bleed. It's horrible, I know. It's my nervous habit. So, I usually paint my nails to make myself feel better about how terrible they look. It also keeps me from chewing them for a few days. You'll rarely catch me without my nails painted.

Today, (and everyday) I completely adore nail polish!

Here's a little mini-tour through my ever-expanding nail polish collection.....



Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Fairy Teal. It's a great color, but I'm obsessed with the polish. It lasts forever and the brush is wide and covers so smoothly!

China Glaze, For Audrey. I'm crazy about that color! I know it looks the same as the one above, but it's really much, much lighter.

Rimmel's Lasting Finish PRO in Steel Grey. It also has the wide brush and lasts forever like Sally's, but it's about half the price. And that color? Gorgeously chic. And goes with everything!

As with the rest of China Glaze's Up & Away set, I loooove Grape Pop. I usually find China Glaze a little more work to apply, and a little less long-lasting, but with colors like those, I don't really mind so much.

My go-to dark shade, Essie's Wicked. It's almost black, but not quite.

And lastly, the almost Barbie-pink Shrimply Devine (also Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure). It's summery and classic. And seriously, it's the best brand of polish I've come across... and available at drug stores.

What's your very favorite shade of nail polish?
xoxo

No comments: