Saturday, June 28, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
1. Go HERE to find out WTF this is all about.
2. Here's the OFFICIAL WEBSITE.
3. Yes that is, in fact Neil Patrick Harris (aka Doogie Howser).
Teaser from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog on Vimeo.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Battlestar Galactica is going to kill me before it's over. I really believe that to be true. They just finished the mid-season finale and I have no idea when the second half of season 4 is going to air. So many questions!
For those who haven't seen Battlestar Galactica, you should take this opportunity to catch up! Here are links to all the seasons and specials on DVD (or you could download them). Either way, you won't regret it.
My only consolation is that Doctor Who still has a few more episodes to go before it's over for the season. After that, I suppose I'll have to.... like.... read..... or something.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
I've neglected my blog for nearly two weeks. It's not that I've been too busy, and it's not that I don't have things to blog about. I guess I just haven't been in the blogging mood. I think it's time that I updated. Here's the rundown:
1. I went to Chris' family reunion on St. Simons two weeks ago. I was kinda nervous, but it all worked out fine. His family is incredibly warm and sweet and normal.... not that I was expecting anything less. The weekend also included a delicious dinner at (the best seafood place ever- get the crabcakes!) Barbara Jean's, a peek at the space shuttle launching, which you can see from the beach if you look really carefully, and the beginnings of wedding planning (See #2).
2. Sunday morning, Chris' baby cousin was to be baptized. I (unfortunately) had a migraine and was unable to go. After I was feeling better and we had attended a family barbecue, Chris took me by the church where the baptism was held. Talk about gorgeous! The second we walked in, I had this crazy flash of me in a big poofy white dress and I could hear “Here comes the Bride” in my head. I won’t go into too much detail but I’ll just say that there were hardwood floors, exposed beam cathedral ceilings and big, floor-to-ceiling windows. Seriously, seriously beautiful. Unfortunately, it’s also seriously, seriously expensive. Ah well, such is life.
3. The thought of said gorgeous church spawned several hours online researching other places to tie the knot. And several hours of looking for places to get married spawned several hours of panic attacks (I’m exaggerating… sort of). We’re looking to do this thing about 15-16 months from now. We planned on having at least 3-4 months of blissful engagement before the tsunami of planning started. I guess that’s the thing about plans- you can make ‘em, but in the end they really don’t matter. We’ve only just begun and I can already completely understand why people elope. Now that I think about it, I’ve never been to Vegas…..
4. Lydia came this weekend to hang out. How fun! I really can’t express how much I have missed her since classes ended. We went from spending at least an afternoon or two a week together to not seeing each other at all. Apparently I’m not a cold-turkey kind of girl. We ate some good food (El Som!), watched a good movie (Atonement, which I'm also reading at the moment), and I taught her how to embroider (she made a strawberry). Fun and giggling fits were had.
6. I just finished watching seasons 1-3 of Weeds. It's a new favorite. That show is a ridiculous amount of funny. I live vicariously through TV. What can I say?
7. I finally signed all the necessary paperwork (the lease) to move into my new apartment. My official move date is June 30. That gives me exactly 18 days to go through and pack everything I own. I hate moving. I especially hate moving out of the beloved Marvin House. I especially hate moving out of the Marvin House when I'm moving into a tiny one bedroom with a cave for a kitchen. BUT, I am excited because my apartment is RIGHT NEXT DOOR to Lydia's. Seriously- we share a wall. We've already decided that there will be a secret knock and possibly paper-cup-and-string communication devices of some sort.
There, all caught up. I feel accomplished.