Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Humpday Listday: The Lipton 10

If you've ever seen Inside the Actor's Studio with James Lipton, you know all about "the questionnaire." If not, you should really go watch it. It's absolutely fascinating. At the end of every interview, Mr. Lipton asks the same 10 questions to the interviewee. Originated by French TV personality Bernard Pivot, the questionnaire is my very favorite part of the show. And to me, the most interesting questions the actors answer the whole time.
Here's Hugh Laurie answering the questions:



I've actually posted my answers on my blog before, but it's been such a long time that I thought I'd do it all over again. Here are my answers to James Lipton's 10 questions:

1. What is your favorite word?
Rambunctious. I love the word, how it sounds, what it means, and how it feels to be rambunctious.
2. What is your least favorite word?
Stupid, when used to reference a person. Or quiver. Quiver gives me the heebie-jeebies.
3. What turns you on?
Honest-to-goodness laughter. Not a fake chuckle, but really hearty, from-the-the gut, uncontrollable laughter. The kind where your sides hurt and you pee yourself a little. It's the best thing in the world.
4. What turns you off?
Snobbery. Any and all kinds. Yuck.
5. What sound or noise do you love?
A harmonica being played well. Nothing better than a song with good harmonica.
6. What sound or noise do you hate?
God, I hate my alarm clock. And snoring. Basically, anything that keeps me from sleeping.
7. What is your favorite curse word?
Shit, in any variety.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
A baker. Making pretty sweets all day and going home smelling like sugar would be wonderful.
9. What profession would you not like to attempt?
Any sort of politician. I can't imagine anything less appealing or scary to me.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
"Welcome home."

If you were to ever sit across from James Lipton, what 10 answers would you give him? Leave it in the comments!
xoxo

1 comment:

citymouse said...

What a cool idea! I think I'll be a copycat (and give you credit, of course).