I love quiche. I mean, what's not to love, right? It's like breakfast pie. My Mom loves quiche, too. Maybe that's where I got it. Chris and I had quiche for dinner twice last week... and we had plenty of leftovers. The greatest thing about quiche is that you can really add anything to it. Meats, cheese, veggies.... anything your quiche-lovin' heart desires!
Here's my recipe for über-tasty, super-simple, really-bad-for-you quiche...
- a quiche pan (a 9" pie pan works in a pinch)
- a pre-made pie crust. They usually come in twos... one for quiche, one for pie?
- about a pound of sausage. More or less. Any kind you like. (Hey, I never claimed my recipes were precise!)
- 5 eggs. Three whole, two yolks.
- 1 1/2 cups half and half (or whole milk, if you prefer)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated (I just used the kind out of the bag)
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
I suggest eating this with some nice, slow-cooked grits and a cold glass of milk. Then have a salad the next day.