Monday, March 22, 2010

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

When I was 12, my older cousin had a copy of the Smashing Pumpkins' Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness on CD. Because of it, I was truly convinced that he was the absolute coolest person on earth . I guess that's when I decided that a person's "cool factor" can be measured by how many Smashing Pumpkins songs they know.

So, because I have tonnnnnnns of cool points,

Today, I love.....
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.


And here's a live one, because I remember seeing this live back in '96 when I was a kid. It was the first time I watched the MTV Video Music Awards. I watched MTV like a crazy person from age 12-18. After "Next" and "Room Raiders" started, I just gave up.


So, how many cool points do you have?

(PS... yeah, I skipped Sunday. Oh well. I'm only human.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother bought me that CD when I was right around the same age and I thought it was the best thing ever. Honestly, I still kind of do. Great post for this Monday!

Katie said...

It really is great. Glad you enjoyed the post!