Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Today

Today I:
  • Ate a chicken sandwich from Burger King.
  • Spent $5 at Goodwill.
  • Spent $16 at Hobby Lobby.
  • Studied Caravaggio in my Baroque Art History class.
  • Had Ruby Tuesday's salad bar and a grape Jones Soda for dinner.
  • Signed a witness statement for the Statesboro Police Department.
I know what you're thinking..... "How did you get out of Hobby Lobby for only $16?"

Okay, seriously. I was in my apartment tonight minding my own business when I heard a loud pop. I froze. I waited about a minute, heard a siren, then called Lydia. We were both freaking out a little, so I went over to her place. Soon there were 6 police cars in our parking lot (the lot only has space for about 5 cars total.) We watched from her window as two guys that we didn't recognize were arrested. After lots of being nosy and wondering what was going on, an officer came and knocked on the door. Apparently he was sitting on the side of the road in his car when he heard the shot... it was definitely a gun shot. He told us that he was pretty sure the shot was aimed at him. They actually found the gun outside the apartment next to mine, though the shot came from downstairs near the grassy area. By now, Lydia and I were totally freaked out. They asked us if we recognized either of the men or the car. We didn't. Then they asked us if we'd write witness statements. So we did. We finished the statements in Lydia's apartment then went outside to give them to the officer... and they were gone. All of them. It was the weirdest thing. The whole thing was kind of weird and scary. Nothing ever happens over on this side of town. And our neighbors are mostly really nice (there is the guy that lives below me who slams doors constantly and breaks beer bottles at 4am sometimes, though). Oh well, at least the guys are in jail and nobody was hurt.

Now, about the other parts of my day...

I went to Goodwill, but didn't find much. At least, I didn't strike gold like I did with the orange salt and pepper shakers.

I did find a glass Pyrex pie dish for $3.

I also found these strange little handmade pots for $0.79 each. I don't know if I like them or not, but I wanted to take them home.



At Hobby Lobby, I spent most of my time on the scrapbooking paper aisle, thanks to this article from the most recent issue of Martha Stewart Weddings. Damn that Martha for having so many amazing ideas! These pictures from the article were particularly inspiring:



So I spent $5 and got 20 sheets of 12x12 scrapbook paper. A worthy investment, I do believe.
Looooook at all the pretty colors!


And if it turns out that I can't use them for a wedding-y purpose, I'll just use them in some other craft.

I'm going to bed now. I've had a headache all day and my nose is runny. I should get some rest before it turns into anything worse.

1 comment:

Bibbi's Boggled Bloggle (say that three times fast) said...

WOW! What a heart pounder of excitement. Be very causious with your in and out, Auntie says.

The little Goodwill finds are interesting looking. I bought something at a yard sale one time that I still do not know what it is, but it made a good conversation piece. lol