Tuesday, January 27, 2009

More Bad Drawing. Lucky You.

Funny story. After my professor looked at my drawing (as it was in the previous post) and gave me some ideas as to how to fix it, I worked on it today in class for around half an hour. It helped. Alot. See? The spoon is more.... round-ish.


Here's the funny part: The object of this project is to take a direct-from-observation drawing and abstract it slowly over 4 drawings. To help us abstract the original, she photocopied some of our drawings, mine included. When she came back from the copier, she said "Okay, guys... now I know this is weird, but some of the photocopies look better than your actual drawing." Oh yeah, she was definitely talking about mine. Here's the photocopy:



I'm baffled. I suppose it has alot to do with contrast, and the way everything is either black or white, not gray like the graphite in my pencils. In any case, I thought it was quite strange.

And here's a sneak peak at the first abstraction drawing, it's just zoomed in on part of the image. And this is in no way finished! I've got whole areas that aren't shaded at all. It needs about another hour and a half or so of work.


Sorry I don't have anything more interesting than drawings to share. Although I did get a nice surprise today when I found out that my financial aid check hit my account this morning... which is a very good thing since I've been rationing shampoo and toothpaste for a few days now. And I haven't seen my refrigerator this empty since I moved in. I think there's one wedge of Wee Brie and a single serving of applesauce. Pretty pathetic. Tomorrow I will go to Wal-Mart and buy lots and lots of groceries.
Happy happy!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

You draw a whole lot better than me! :P I need to see if I can find the potato family that you drew in 6th grade. LOL! I think I may still have it somewhere...

Bibbi's Boggled Bloggle (say that three times fast) said...

I hope Stacey can find the Potato Family....I want to see it too. lol That would be a cute print for you to recreate for the LDQ.