Tuesday, July 6, 2010

California Love

A few months ago, I posted a very unlikely video here on my dear blog. I shared my 2nd favorite rap song of all time (Beastie Boys not included, of course) and told you I'd someday share my most favorite in the world. Today is that day.

As I've already told you, when I was a kid, I idolized my older cousin's taste in music. After all, he introduced me to the Smashing Pumpkins at a time when I was more of a Shania Twain kind of girl (I can't believe I just admitted that). Anyway, one day after school sometime in 1996, before Tupac died, but before we were old enough to hear it, the three of us (Drew, Lydia and I) sat on the floor and listened to the remix version of Tupac's California Love. I'm not sure exactly what it was about the song that made me love it so much. Maybe it's the crazy ending. I have no clue. All I know is that I did- and still do- love it to pieces. It's my favorite rap song. And since I don't like rap music, that says quite alot.

Today, I love Tupac's California Love.




Here's the video version.


What's your all-time favorite rap song?
xoxo

No comments: