Sunday, May 10, 2009

Old Favorites

I was going through some old photos I took for photography classes, and thought I'd compile a few of my favorites here.

The infamous "black paint" shoot. This was a series of five (I think). Callie was completely covered in black face paint by the end of it... and our shower had a slight gray tint for several weeks after.

Callie spinning in a field. It was about a thousand and two degrees when we were doing this and I was seriously worried that Callie might pass out from all the spinning.
Callie in the women's bathroom in the old Zach H. Library. This is a little bit of Georgia Southern history, since this bathroom/this part of the library no longer exists. Also, these are just a tiny fraction of all the weird things I had Callie do in the name of photography.
If I'm not mistaken, this is one of Lydia's favorites. The words are from magnetic poetry, and yes.. that is a real blow fish. It's covered in some sort of resin to keep it like that. I still have it somewhere around here.... More memories from the old library. This one also uses the magnetic poetry words. It's a bit hard to read, but I like it all the same. The finished project is a book of 20 of these prints with the words like that. Probably my favorite photo project I've done. They were so fun and random.


I honestly have no clue what the assignment was when I shot this picture of my unmade bed. There is no rational reason why I should like this picture, I just do.

This is outside Dressner's Cafe down at the village on St. Simons at night. I shot several rolls that night at the village. It was completely deserted since it was around midnight and the pictures always remind me of how quiet it was and how I could hear the waves... they also kinda creep me out.

And this is Kristen. This is absolutely one of my favorite pictures in the world. We were in the Marvin House, and I was shooting Kristen in the TV room and she just died laughing at something and in my own laughter, I hit the button. This came from that happy accident.

*Sigh* I miss old-fashioned black and white 35mm shooting. I really miss being in a darkroom.

No comments: