Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weekend Fun and Something New

Weekend fun:
Friday night I drove to my Mom's house in the steady drizzle of rain (that lasted aaaaaaaall weekend!) We got up Saturday morning to go to an "appreciation luncheon" in Washington for Lydia's wedding. It was quite nice for several reasons:
1. I got to see my Lydia, whom I haven't seen for two weeks, since she moved out of her apartment (right next door to me). So, it was good to catch up.
2. I sat with Lydia's other bridesmaids and got to know them a little better.
3. Granny cooked the food and it was awesome as usual.
4. I overheard Lydia's fiancee's mom say the words "stanky legg" in casual conversation. Priceless! (If you don't know about the idiocy that is the stanky legg, go HERE. I would say you won't be sorry, but you probably will.)

After the luncheon, my mom and I stopped by Granny's house where she gave me the quilt she made for me and informed me that she already has several wedding gifts wrapped for us, but that I can't open them yet. But she let me look at the packages. It was pretty funny.

After visiting a while, we stopped in Augusta to order a bridesmaid's dress for Abbie's wedding, then went home so I could pack and drive to Statesboro so that Chris and I could leave for St. Simons. Looooooong day.

We spent two glorious days at St. Simons and I can honestly tell you we did nothing productive and most of our time was spent eating and watching the Memorial Day marathon of Jon & Kate Plus 8. (Why is that show interesting?!)

Now I'm back home and I have class in the morning, but I just really wanted to blog a bit. I feel like I've been slacking off lately. I'm going to blame it on Twitter.

Oh! And I found this amazing blog tonight that just made me smile. Every entry is hand embroidered. This is my favorite post so far:
Seriously, check it out.

And lastly, I've been thinking about making a fun playlist to share some of my favorite music on my blog. I'll probably try to post it sometime later this week so keep an eye out for that.

But for now, bedtime!

No comments: