Monday, May 25, 2009

Handmade is best!

Hello there!

First, I am so excited about this, I'm about to pee my pants. I got this picture message from my Dad this morning:
This is one half of a set of hand-carved wooden love birds that Chris and I are going to use as cake toppers for the wedding. This is seriously one of the things I'm most excited about for the wedding. I just know that in 30 years, I'm going to be pulling these out of a box for our kids to use on top of their wedding cakes. I know I should have kept these under wraps until the big day, but I just couldn't. I'm so proud that I'm going to have the coolest cake topper ever. Yay!

Next, my Granny made me a quilt! While I have several quilts that Mamaw has made for me over the years, this is my first quilt from Granny. I wouldn't love it more if it were made of gold and candy.
And look at the sweeeeeet inscription she embroidered! With both of my grandmothers so talented, is it any wonder I'm so crafty? Also, I've been coveting the camera strap covers from this Etsy shop for a while, but didn't want to dish out the funds to get one, so I made my own! Forgive the cell phone pic, I couldn't figure out how to take a picture of my camera with itself.... so I improvised.

Now my camera is more 100% comfy, and 12.4% more stylish.

I have a few other things I want to blog about, but I think I'll post them seperately and leave this post for fun handmade homemade things.

No comments: