Saturday, May 9, 2009

Drawing Projects

I finally got around to taking pictures of all my drawing projects. Sooo... here they are.

This project was to draw a distorted self portrait in oil pastels. First in black and white, then in color.

This is a slightly better picture of my "She's in a Funk" project. The assignment was to create a "post-modern artwork about a social issue." Mine was about depression... and I embroidered the whole thing by hand (


And below is our final project. I can't take all the credit for this one; it was a group project. We had to create a manifesto, a la the Futurist Manifesto and then create a collage, drawing, or painting that was based on the manifesto.

Ours was about the lack of face-to-face communication now days. All our communication is sent through wires via text messages and the internet. Hence, the plush hearts, sewn by me from the softest red corduroy. If you know a thing or two about computers, you'll notice that the 1's and 0's in the background are actually binary code that translate into Elizabeth Barrett Brownings's poem "How Do I Love Thee?" Also, we spelled out internet-speak ("lol, omg, rofl, wtf, etc...") with wire.
Sorry the pictures are slightly blurry... I took them in a hurry right before we started critiquing the projects. Click on any of them for details.
So, there's my last 3 projects of the semester. I'm glad it's over and will be even gladder(?) to work on some of my own projects for a while. I still have a quilt to finish, you know.....

No comments: