Right now, we live in the very small, very old, very cheap 2 bedroom apartment that Chris has lived in since before we got married. We decided that as long as we live in Statesboro, we'll stay in this apartment and save money for when we have a "real" place. We're always trying to make our current place better, though. We've painted the kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom and bathroom. Those little touches make it not-so-bad for right now. But we're constantly dreaming of our "someday house."
Here is my "Someday House" wishlist. I realize that it would have to be a pretty spectacular house to have all of these things, but can't a girl dream?
- Big, glorious, floor-to-ceiling windows in at least one room.
- Beautiful hardwood floors throughout, with soft, luxurious rugs strategically placed for preventing cold tootsies.
- A kitchen with a big farmhouse-style table. Big enough for at least 10 people.
- Speaking of the kitchen, I'd like tons of storage, and more counter space than anyone could possibly ever need.
- A turret with a roof that looks like an upside down ice cream cone.
- A secret room or hidden passageway. I've always wanted one of those.
- A backyard with grass as soft as carpet where you'd never need shoes.
- A little outbuilding in the backyard (with the soft grass) that looks like a tiny house that I would use as a studio. Must have hanging baskets of colorful flowers.
- An antique claw-foot tub.
- Hummingbird feeders outside. With hummingbirds.
- A big, strong oak tree with a tire swing and tree house for the someday-kids.
- A Weasley-sized fireplace. (You know, one big enough for the whole Weasley family to fit in to travel on the Floo Network.)
- A wraparound front porch. With rocking chairs.
- A red front door.