For the first time in a long time, I have a craft space that I am proud of. I worked hard a few days ago (with help from the hubs) and finally got it looking and functioning the way I want it. It has everything I love and everything I need to be creative. If fact, I sat in that terribly uncomfortable chair just a few nights ago and made several things (I promise I'll share soon) while Chris was sitting at the computer on the opposite wall.
Things to notice:
1. woodgrain contact paper wrapped on plain white boards makes for prettier shelves.
2. spray painted teal brackets.
3. moustaches leftover from the wedding.
4. nesting doll measuring cups that Kristen gave me.
5. the mug holding pens and pencils from high school. It has the names of every person I graduated with on the back. Seriously.
6. the giant knitting needles I don't know how to use.
7. that wicker basket holds the prettiest collection of vintage thread that my grandma gave me.
8. Torso Tammy. Can you spot her? (hint: she has no legs.)
9. The map above the dresser is the first draft of our wedding map on tracing paper. I couldn't stand to part with it.
10. Felt leaf garland for fall. This is a leftover scrap piece from our livingroom. Pictures someday.
I love pictures of creative spaces. I love that I have a space that's just for creating. It makes the creating so much better.
And now a song that I can't get out of my head: