Monday, April 6, 2009

Music and Dresses in Athens

Okay, so I'm back from Athens. It was a wooonderful weekend full of good company, good music, good food and beautiful dresses!

Chris and I drove to Athens on Friday afternoon and met up with Emily (my almost-sister) and her roommates and friends to see Hillary Lindsey at the Melting Point. If you don't know who Hillary Lindsey is, she has written some pretty amazing country songs. She also happens to be from my hometown. Aaaand, I'm friends with her sister Taylor. So, we made a night of it. Chris with 7 girls was a pretty fun sight. The concert was awesome, but loooong. We were there until 1AM. I was so tired by the end of the night that I thought I was going to pass out. Having to see about a million people from Washington didn't help either. But still... good music and good fun were had.

Saturday, Emily and I got up and made homemade cinnamon rolls for all the girls. Chris left early to go visit his parents and left me behind with the girls. After breakfast (lunch) we headed over to this little bridal shop called I Do I Do, which was exactly the type of shop we've been looking for. I tried on several dresses, not really expecting to fall in love. But I did. I fell hard. Emily, who has been with me for all of the dress shopping and has seen me try on all the dresses, has figured out what my reaction to a dress means. She also usually knows exactly what I like and what's going to look good on me. Well, she said that when I put this certain dress on, I giggled. I'm pretty sure we both knew then that it was "the one." I won't tell you how we kept trying more dresses even though we'd already found it, the story sounds better if we just stopped looking. We went back Sunday afternoon and tried on one more time. Still it. And, to top it all off, I'm 95% on a bridesmaid dress! It looks so good with my dress, and it's suuuuper wear-it-again friendly. Very exciting. I'm kinda jealous of it. I want one too.

So I had a really good time in Athens. I heard some good music, hung out with some cool people, ate alot of food, and found my wedding dress. (You should see the look on my face when I think about that last part.)

Goodnight everybody.

No comments: