Friday, March 20, 2009

Quilttt!

Very quickly, here's the quilt. I spent three days with my Mamaw working on this. We got the top completely pieced together and we found the most gorgeous fabric to back it with. I've done a very tiny amount of quilting so far, but I brought it back to Statesboro with me so I can work on hand quilting it here. Hopefully I'll have a fully completed quilt in a few weeks. Yay!

Now for the pictures:
My favorite lady in the world, working her magic.



Aaaaand, a not-very-attractive picture of me quilting. I look very serious about what I'm doing. I'll try to get some more detailed shots of the quilt and the backing and everything this week. Several of the squares of embroidery were never posted here, so they're sort of like a surprise.

And now, I have to go finish packing for a quick trip to Jasper. Happy weekend, everybody!

1 comment:

Bibbi's Boggled Bloggle (say that three times fast) said...

The LDQ is looking real good. It will be a real treasure to you... for you making all the little squares and Mama teaching you how to put it together. She really enjoyed you being there.