Monday, August 25, 2008

Twenty-Two

"Twenty-two what?" you may ask. I'll tell you. Twenty-two gorgeous inches of widescreen LCD awesomeness. Oh yes, that's right, I got my brand-spankin'-new monitor today. After a long day of classes and riding the stinky buses around campus, it's just what a girl needs to come home to. What's that? You want to see pictures?



So shiny. So perfect. I can only hope I love my first child this much.


(The picture is terrible, please excuse the nasty glare.)

Compared to my laptop, Dellbert. If you think that's sad, you should see it compared to my 20" TV. That's right, my computer monitor is bigger than my TV. If that makes me a geek, then a geek I am.

My fancy new keyboard (not the pretty rainbow light-up one) and super-huge hard drive should come tomorrow or the day after.

In other news, I was sitting in the Information Technology building today, reading and waiting for my 2:00 class to start, when a guy came and sat down in the chair next to me wearing a t-shirt that read "Big Damn Heroes." Now, if you don't know what that means, then you need to watch Joss Whedon's Firefly. Here's the clip that it's from:



Anyway, shocked to see another Whedon fan, I leaned over and said "Dude, sweet shirt." That sparked a conversation about things that are awesome that nobody's ever heard of. He hadn't seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, and I had never heard of this girl. So I looked her up. Apparently, she's a big YouTube sensation and I can see why.



While she doesn't have a Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey voice, she's unique and very talented in a raw, un-processed kind of way. In any case, I liked her and I thought I'd share. (And dude, she plays the ukulele!) Also, she's coming to Statesboro in a couple of weeks (Sept. 12) to perform at the new Black Box Theater at the CAT (Center for Art and Theater). I think tickets are $10. Anybody wanna go?

That's all for now.

No comments: