Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Details or, To Placate the Masses, Part II

Wednesday:
Lydia, Chris and I went to Chick-fil-a for dinner. Chris drove me home and asked what time my last final was on Thursday. I say 3. I'll be done by 4. He offers to cook dinner.... I didn't accept at first, knowing I would be exhausted. He promised a good meal and that I could go home and nap after we ate. I accepted.

Thursday:
After studying my butt off for finals and finally getting through said finals, I was done. And very, very tired. Jessica went with me to sell my books back ($101) and then I called Chris to tell him I'd be over in 20 minutes or so for dinner. As I was leaving, this happened:
Callie: "Where are you going?"
Me: "Chris is cooking me dinner."
Callie: "He's totally going to propose."
Me: "Yeah... right. A watched pot and all...."

Five minutes later, I get to Chris' apartment and he's fiddling with a lamp plug (you know how boys like to fiddle). He asks me to hand him an adapter. I turn around to get it and when I turn back, there he is, on one knee with the ring.

It's all a blur after that. And what I do remember is mine to keep. All I can tell you is that I said yes. And that Callie is apparently psychic.

So, there are the details. And here is a picture. I bet you feel like you were there.




And now back to our regularly scheduled blog.

No comments: