Thursday, May 8, 2008

4am Prostitutes

It's almost four in the morning and I can't sleep. What should I be doing that would put me right into a coma? Studying Gothic cathedrals for my Medieval exam tomorrow at 3. What am I actually doing? Reading Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl.

It's not the sort of thing I normally read (I'm not that kind of girl!). It's deliciously dirty and very, very funny. It's kind of like Sex and the City except that it's in London. And it's not made up. And there are no scenes of girls bonding over coffee while talking about guys. And she's a pros-ti-tute. It's just what I need after hours of art history notes and flashcards splayed out all over my bed. I make no apologies for my lack of taste in reading material. It is finals week, after all.

No comments: