Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cover Me Monday: Earth Angel

The Hubs and I got back late last night from St. Simons for our first anniversary, so I'm still trying to get myself together from being out of town. I have a few pictures of stuff from the weekend that I'll share tonight or tomorrow.... including the best ever anniversary gift from Chris' parents.

For now, I'm just going to jump right back into blogging, starting with what I missed yesterday....

Cover Me Monday....on Tuesday!

I've been obsessed with Death Cab For Cutie's version of Earth Angel since I heard it a few weeks ago. It just makes me happy. It also makes me think of Back to the Future, but that's neither here nor there....

Original, The Penguins, 1954:



Death Cab for Cutie, 2005



BONUS COVER: From Back to the Future, featuring Marty McFly, 1985/1955



Happy Tuesday.
xoxo

1 comment:

citymouse said...

Excellent! I hadn't heard Death Cab's version yet, so it was a real treat. I'm kinda dorky and love all the old 50's music. Probably because I obsessed over ShaNaNa as a teenager. (Good God!)

Happy anniversary!