Monday, September 22, 2008

Bloggin' from the IT Building

Here are a few observations I've made in the last two hours sitting in the lobby of the Information Technology building here at Georgia Southern.

1. The "Hard Drive Cafe" (yeah, I know... lame) never has the same thing twice. I don't mean that they change their menus, they don't. If you order something twice, you're going to get two different meals. I have tried this. I have ordered the same thing 3 of the last 4 weeks, and I get a different sandwich every time. "The Monterey" is supposed to be shaved chicken breast and pepper-jack cheese on cibatta bread with sauteed mushrooms and onions with lettuce and tomato. Sounds tasty, huh? The first time I ordered this delightful sounding sandwich, I got shaved turkey on cibatta bread. And nothing else. No cheese. No veggies. No nothing. Meat on bread. Very disappointing. The next time, I made sure to ask for "The Monterey- with everything on it." I received strips of chicken breast with swiss cheese, lettuce and tomato and onions. No mushrooms. Today, I decided to test the staff again, curious if I was to ever get the sandwich I ordered. I asked for "The Monterey" once again. This time, when the lady behind the counter took my order, she asked for my drink order too, said it was included in the price (nearly $7). This is the first time I received a drink! Not to let this opportunity for a free drink pass me by, I quickly asked for a Cherry Coke. As for the sandwich itself, I finally got the sandwich as described on the menu. Way-to-go, Georgia Southern. You finally got it right. Sigh.

2. People who listen to iPods while walking in and out of buildings sometimes forget that nobody else can hear the music.... and that dancing and singing down the stairs isn't really a "normal" thing to do. In any case, it amuses me.

3. Even after my tasty sandwich, something about this building makes me crave food from the little place Abbie and I know affectionately as "CPBW" (the Chinese Place by Wal-Mart) in Athens. Mmmm.... best sesame chicken ever.

4. The book I'm reading for my "Turning Points and Connections" class is the single most boring book I've ever encountered. As a warning, do not read this book:



Now, this has nothing to do with the IT Building, or anything else for that matter, but I just ordered the sweetest earrings from Etsy. So excited.



Class in 4 minutes. Have to go.

No comments: