Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Merits of Using the Right Glue

As an avid crafter, I tend to obsess over adhesives more than the average person. I'm going to admit here and now that I have an entire drawer devoted to glues of a million varieties. Rubber cement, Elmer's, wood glue, super glue, Super 77 spray adhesive, and Aleene's (in original, quick dry, clear gel and fabric varieties)! The list could go on forever. Friends and family even know about my thing for glue. That's why Lydia thought it was absolutely necessary to give me a tiny .66 ounce bottle of Aleene's original Tacky Glue as a Christmas gift. It's the tiniest glue ever, but so practical to keep in my purse for my everyday gluing needs. And I just refill the bottle when I need to!
But sometimes, in a world of a million different glues, how do you know which one to use? This website, This to That provides the answers. Select your two mediums from drop-down boxes and they'll tell you exactly what kind of glue to use. And they might give you a little tidbit about why you should use that glue and some tips for ultimate sticking power. It's a crafter's dream.

And frankly, who doesn't need to know more about glue?

No comments: