Friday, February 29, 2008

Mi Corazón Cosido


This is what I'm working on right now. I'm pretty sure it's going to be more of an art project than craft. I have an old suitcase I bought from Goodwill about a year and a half ago that I want to turn into some type of art piece. I thought a big red heart would be beautiful as its centerpiece. And if that doesn't work out, then I'll make it into a big tote bag. Everybody loves a tote with a big anatomically correct heart on it!

It's nowhere near finished, but the outline is done, and I've just started the massive filling-in process. All the little gray pencil lines will be red someday... it's going to take a while. What's done here is about 3.5 hours worth of work... not counting the very long time it took me to find the perfect image (Thanks, Google!) and resize it, print it, and trace it onto my fabric. The entire heart will be embroidered in the same color red.

Please excuse the shoddy picture (and my purple sheets) ... it's not like I have any experience with a camera (sarcasm). You can click on the picture to enlarge it, if you'd like.

I think the reaction of most of the people I've shown it to so far has been either silence, followed by changing the subject or "oh... that's interesting." And really, I'm okay with that.

As far as the title for this post... "heart" just sounds so much better in Spanish.

No comments: