Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm a Nerd: Welcome to the Land of Katie

I had every intention of writing a really good first post for my new blog. It's just not going to happen. I think the best thing is just to dive right in.

Here are a few crafts that I've made recently:

This is a crochet hook case I made for myself. My crochet hooks are so happy in there that I haven't crocheted a thing since.





I embroidered this for a bag that I gave as a Christmas/ New Year's gift. His bushy little owl eyebrows are just so cute.


And this is my most marvelous creation to date. My wonderful Doctor Who bag. It's bigger on the inside.

The front, with TARDIS:


A close up of the embroidery. It's a little bit wonky. It's fatter in some places. You can't really tell from the picture, but I actually stitched the words "Police Box" where they're supposed to go. I tried really hard.

Here's the back. It's a Dalek. A little gold, exterminating Dalek. This is my favorite part of the whole bag.

A close up of the little booger. Ain't he cute? He' s even got a little plunger. And look! He says "Exterminate!" Enough for today, I'm going to bed.

No comments: